Bayern Munich has been aware of Jamal Musiala's neurological issue for at least a year, board member for sport Max Eberl said Friday. This was reported by Qazaqyia.kz citing Associated Press.

Musiala collapsed during successive games over the past week, causing alarm for teammates, opponents and spectators. Eberl and Bayern coach Vincent Kompany said the incidents were triggered by a change in the treatment Musiala was receiving for the neurological issue.

The player said in an Instagram post after the latest collapse against Heidenheim on Tuesday that he had been diagnosed with "absence seizures caused by a neurological dysfunction" but there was "no additional health risk" and that he intends to keep playing as before.

The 23-year-old Musiala's collapses caused concern for Bayern's honorary president Uli Hoeness, but the club said it is closely monitoring the player's condition and guarantees his safety.

Musiala plays a key role for Bayern in the 2026 season, becoming a key player for the team. His performances are highly valued, and fans wish him a speedy recovery.

Bayern's medical staff constantly monitor Musiala's condition and take necessary measures. The club's leadership emphasizes that the player's health is a priority, and his return to the field will only happen with doctors' permission.

Musiala's collapse has caused a great resonance in the football world, with many fans and experts expressing concern about his health. However, the player himself said that this situation will not affect his career, and he will continue to play as before.

According to Associated Press, Musiala's condition is one of the rare neurological disorders, but with proper treatment he can lead a normal life. Bayern Munich club provides full support to the player and takes all necessary measures for his health.

Musiala's participation in upcoming matches will depend on his health condition. The club's leadership said that the player will only return to the field after full recovery. Fans are eagerly awaiting his return.