The Duke and Duchess of Sussex plan to relocate from the US to Britain, with children starting school in September. This was reported by Qazaqyia.kz citing The Guardian.
Plans
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to return to live in Britain, six years after leaving for the US. The couple and their two children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are expected to relocate later this month to a non-royal residence outside London.
School and meeting with King
The children are enrolled to start school in September. King Charles was informed on Sunday that his son and daughter-in-law would return to Britain. This comes after the Sussexes had a reunion with the king last month at Highgrove in Gloucestershire.
King's stance
The king is said to welcome the opportunity to see more of his family in a personal capacity, but there will be no change in their status as private individuals after relinquishing their official working roles within the royal family. The Prince and Princess of Wales are said to have also been informed of the decision.
Residences and security
The couple are expected to retain their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal, where they went on holiday earlier this summer. The duke and duchess's security arrangements have not been disclosed.
Security issue
The long-running issue over their security meant that Prince Harry did not bring Meghan, 45, or their children to events in London last month, as had been originally planned. Prince Harry, 41, has previously stressed he would not feel safe bringing his family back to the UK without police protection.
In May 2025, after losing a legal challenge over his security in the UK, the Duke of Sussex said: "I can't see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point."
Hope for reconciliation
In an interview with the BBC after the ruling, Prince Harry said he "would love a reconciliation" with the royal family. He said: "There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family," but he had now "forgiven" them. "I would love reconciliation with my family. There's no point continuing to fight any more, life is precious." Prince Harry added the dispute over his security had "always been the sticking point".
Asked whether he had asked the king to intervene in the dispute over security, he said: "I never asked him to intervene – I asked him to step out of the way and let the experts do their jobs."
Legal cases
Last month, the Duke of Sussex and six other co-claimants lost their privacy case against the publishers of the Daily Mail in London. The claimants, who included Doreen Lawrence and Elton John, sued Associated Newspapers Ltd over allegations of unlawful information gathering. Their claims were dismissed in their entirety by Mr Justice Nicklin.
