French authorities have warned about approximately 300,000 potentially unsafe condoms that were sold in pharmacies, shops, and online. This was reported by Qazaqyia.kz citing Reuters.

French anti-fraud services and health authorities said that about 260,000 condoms were recalled from pharmacies and shops after laboratory tests. Checks showed that two types of products could tear or have holes. Thus, they could lead to STDs or unwanted pregnancy.

Authorities recommended that people who used such condoms get tested for sexually transmitted infections. If menstruation is delayed, they also advise taking a pregnancy test.

Buyers have already been sold about a thousand packages containing more than 40,000 such condoms. Online platforms agreed to remove the relevant products from sale.

The list of non-compliant products included condoms from several manufacturers, including Japanese company Okamoto Industries, as well as French brands My Lubie and Friday Bae.

My Lubie CEO Pierre Lagache told Reuters that the recall affected only one batch of products and was carried out as a precautionary measure. According to him, subsequent checks of the same batch confirmed its compliance.

"This is a medical device: at the slightest doubt, we remove it from the market without waiting for further results," Lagache said.

He added that the company independently recalled the batch, and no reports of harm to consumers have been received so far.

If the article causes you anxiety, discuss it with an artificial psychologist.